Sunday 20 September 2009

Full of Glee

I've just come back from the first day of Glee - the major gardening trade show at the NEC. First impressions are that it is much smaller than usual - three halls instead of five or six and they're not cramped. I don't think it's an indication of the gardening market, I just think it's an indication that some companies are tightening their belts &/or doing business at different times or in different ways.
Anyhoo, I love going as it's a great chance to meet up with friends in the trade, find out the latest gardening trends and see what new products are being launched to tempt us into spending our money next year. Each year a lot of the new products are entered into the Glee New Products Awards (250 this year, but not all of them, as some companies just don't like doing this sort of thing - and it costs to enter!) and here are the winners just announced - hot off the press.
Garden Care: Scotts Miracle-Gro - Miracle-Gro Patch Magic (a coir and grass seed dressing for patching bare spots in the lawn)
Garden Machinery: Handy Distribution - Garden Barber (a new hedgetrimmer)
Nursery & Best Of British: John Wood Nurseries - Coprosma 'Pacific Sunset'
Outdoor Living: Suntime - Helicopter (I haven't seen this yet, but I'm sure it ain't no real helicopter!)
Landscape & Glee Special Award: Grow Camp - Grow Tent (a GYO product - raised bed, netting and greenhouse all in one)
Home & Gift: Calor - Calor Hotspot (a stylish outdoor heater)
Retail Services: Green Magic Co - Sosite Wow
Green Innovation: The Master Herbalist - Seedbed Roll (I've trialled this product this year with good results)
I'm going back on Tuesday and I must see if I can get my hands on that helicopter.
FIGO is exhibiting there and launching the FIGO flexible connector to the trade - according to owner , Sharon Wong, she's had excellent feedback so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment