Wednesday 14 July 2010

Gardening shows, events and weeks

I need help! Each year I compile a list of national and major flower shows and other large gardening events in the UK, but I want to extend it and ensure I capture all the major gardening events going on in 2011.

I also want to include all the national gardening 'weeks' and 'days' that relate to plants and gardening - like National Tree Week, National Conifer Week, National Allotment Week and National Tomato Day - yes, there is one!

There's so much info out there about shows and events, but no-one seems to produce a really comprehensive list. This is my aim for 2011. Don't worry I won't be following up and asking people to give me money for advertising - honest.

So, if anyone knows of an event going on, or is even organising one, or who knows of a national week or day that needs to be more widely known and promoted to gardeners then please let me know. You can either leave a comment on this blog or e-mail me direct at info@gardenforumhorticulture.co.uk

If there's a website with more info, it would be great if you could let me have the web address.

And no funny quips about me needing 'help' please!

Thanks.

6 comments:

  1. Hello,I'm new here! This is my first post! I find many good information at this forum. I have bookmark this forum . I will tell my friends this site. Thanx for your sharing. I will come again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Geoff

    We have a new landscaping and horticulture event for October 2011.

    Not officially launched as yet but your readers can follow its pre-launch discussion on the Landscape Juice network.

    http://www.landscapejuicenetwork.com/forum/topics/landscape-juice-network-3

    Kind regards

    Phil
    http://www.landscapejuice.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Phil
    Thanks for the info - much appreciated.
    Sorry for the delay I've been out and about judging gardens for the last few weeks.
    Geoff

    ReplyDelete
  5. I did a monthly Events Diary in 2009 which I've summarised in the post below. The monthly posts have links to the appropriate websites which should give you the updated dates for 2011.

    http://vegplotting.blogspot.com/2007/04/events-diary-your-monthly-guide-to.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi VP
    Thanks for the link - much appreciated. It all helps to build up my events list.
    Geoff

    ReplyDelete