Saturday 12 March 2011

Grow Your Own & Edible Garden Show

Wow, what a month it's been. After a slightly quiet and slightly nervous January, where workloads were looking a little low - February exploded into a massive work meltdown. To be honest, in January I was thinking OK, no worries, at least I can spend more time in the garden/on the allotment. As it turns out, at the moment the garden is something that 'exists' somewhere outside my office!

I signed up to be a tutor for MyGardenSchool.com - an online horticultural teaching facility, which meant sorting out scripts and images and going off to record the scripts for use in the online tutorials. They'll be going live by the beginning of April, so sign up if you want to learn from the master!

The RHS asked me to write another book for them in the practical gardening series - this time on pruning. Of course, I said, how long have I got (thinking four weeks, like the last three books)? 10 weeks was the reply - 10 weeks, wow - more than double the last three. However, three weeks into writing, I get an e-mail saying that schedules have been changed and I need to get it all finished in three week's time. A bit of a shock - but still 50% greater than previous books. Today I'm tackling pruning fruit.

Scotts Miracle-Gro has just asked me to help their Interactive Manager manage the website - lovethegarden.com - and work on their e-mail campaigns and e-newsletters, among other things.

The 'other' things include doing talks and demonstrations for the company at The Edible Garden Show on March 18-20 and the Capel Manor Spring Gardening Show on April 2-3. If you're going to either show come and say hi!

I have promised myself a trip to the allotment this weekend. I'll probably need to take a machete!

1 comment:

  1. I am really impressed to see this kinds of information. Really it is very informative.

    ReplyDelete