Tuesday 16 March 2010

Grow - damn you

Two posts in one day - a new (and probably never to be repeated) record. But I'm desperate for inspiration. How can I make grass grow faster?

After a slight delay, due to 'warehousing problems', Hodge's Gardening Emporium now has its full complement of eight small electric mowers for testing for Garden News. Neil Hepworth, the photographer, has been around today to take all the pictures of them. All I need now - is some grass to cut. Even though I've fed the lawn (twice!) and watered it (the evening before we had a torrential downpour) it's still not lush and green and looking like it's anywhere near needing a cut.

So, any ideas anyone?

6 comments:

  1. Hahaha! That's my attitude when I'm trying to root some cuttings. Unfortunately, looking at them doesn't speed up the process. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chris
    I actually stare at cuttings with a ghastly grimace - that seems to work!
    Luckily, the grass took the hint and started growing. Last Tuesday - the only dry day this week - I finally finished the test - yahoo!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well Geoff, that must be some hard stare!

    Maybe I'll try that and I won't blink. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maybe it's more to do with how my grimace looks through the lid of the heated propagator. Or maybe it's the propagator itself that takes the glory!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Geoff

    Thanks for the great tips! Its a lot harder to grow a perfect lawn then you think!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. If you need somewhere to store your lawn mower try www.asgardsss.co.uk for secure metal garden sheds

    ReplyDelete