Friday 3 July 2009

And now the end is near...

So much for promises and resolutions. I said this year I was going to make a major effort at blogging and what happens? I'm so busy I don't even have time to do half the things I want to.

Anyhoo, all that is about to change - no honestly!

After eight and a half years of managing/editing RHS Online, the RHS website I'm about to be made redundant! So, more than likely I'll have more time on my hands than I know what to do with.

The RHS has been tasked with making a 10% cut in its wage bill - making between 80 and 100 people redundant - and I'm going to be one of them. I suppose it could be worse - it could have happened in the winter. So now I can enjoy the summer in the garden and on the allotment and watch the Ashes on Sky and drink some beer. Every cloud...

3 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear that Geoff. You'd think the online side would be being invested in rather than cut. Enjoy the free time...

    NewShoot

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a shame, especially after all your hard work in improving the site. As NewShoot says, I would have thought the RHS should be investing in webby things.

    As for putting your feet up, in my experience that just doesn't happen!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know, maybe I'm living in dreamland! But, it's worth a try - I haven't had much time to enjoy taking things easy since 1982!

    ReplyDelete